Toledo Tool and Die is the premier global supplier of choice in stamped metal manufacturing and precision engineering. Located close to the Michigan/Ohio state line, Toledo Tool and Die has diligently served the people of both of those great states since 1940. We are a company founded on one simple principle: to do the finest work possible for our clients and to deliver on every promise we make.
Since we strive to perform every task our clients might require from a tool and die company, we figured we’d need a lot of space. That’s why Toledo Tool and Die is housed in a 105,000 square foot facility. We do everything from tool designing and in-house builds to high-volume mass production of stamping assemblies and other machines. Though we do specialize in metal stamping, we have the resources and the skill to perform a wide range of tasks.
- Weigh, measure, and check raw and finished goods inventory for the purpose of keeping relevant records. Duties are primarily clerical by nature. Includes workers who collect and keep a record of samples of products or materials.
Summary of essential job functions
- Document quantity, quality, type, weight, test result data, and value of materials or products to maintain shipping, receiving, and production records and files.
- Weigh or measure materials, equipment, or products to maintain relevant records, using volume meters, scales, rules, or calipers
- Collect or prepare measurement, weight, or identification labels and attach them to products.
- Compare product labels, tags, or tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders, and bills of lading to verify the accuracy of shipment contents, quality specifications, or weights.
- Remove from stock products or loads not meeting quality standards, and notify supervisors or appropriate departments of discrepancies or shortages.
- Count or estimate quantities of materials, parts, or products received or shipped.
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight or other production data on tags or labels.
- Move controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered trucks, cars, or tractors and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
- Communicate with others to coordinate material handling or other movements.
- Operate cranes, hoist or other moving or lifting equipment.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above.
- A high school education or equivalent
- Forklift Operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift training program is required within the first 30 days of employment for both sit-down, as well as stand-up lifts.
- Prefer six (6) months warehousing and inventory experience.
- Prefer six (6) months experience operating a forklift and/or stand-up lift.
- Physical ability to mount/dismount forklift through the duration of the shift which requires bending, stretching, stepping, reaching, climbing and stooping, as well as standing, walking, crouching and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
- Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to use automated inventory control equipment.
- Knowledgeable in using PLEX
- Identified candidates must be able to the scheduled shift, as well as work overtime (daily, weekends and holidays) as business conditions dictate.
Job Type: Full-time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.Apply Now