Title: CMM Operator
Reports to: Quality Manager
Operates Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to measure dimensions of automotive parts, inspection fixtures, and machine jigs by performing the following duties.
Summary of essential job functions
- Reads blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per GD&T.
- Understands and uses measurement tools and equipment.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Compares recorded measurements to blueprint dimensions and tolerances and notifies specified persons of discrepancies.
- Perform in-depth part layout using direct drive CMM and bench layout.
- Develop and implement computer programs using PC DMIS software.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Stop production if unsafe parts, actions or poor quality conditions exist
- High School diploma or equivalent through graduation from a technical school is preferred.
- Complete a certified Apprenticeship program whereby the employee can demonstrate experience using various tools, including but not limited to knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand-held measuring tools.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull objects that are up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks – learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Monday to Friday