• Provide accurate and timely setting of progressive and/or transfer dies into power presses to process finished goods that meet or exceed customer specifications.
Summary of essential job functions
• Install, align and remove progressive and/or transfer dies and steel coils in mechanical power press according to specifications.
• Adjust ram stroke to a specified length.
• Develop set-up specifications for new dies.
• Start presses to produce finished goods and observe operations to detect malfunctions and to verify press set-up conforms to specifications.
• Perform first-piece/last piece audits to verify dimensions of finished parts for conformance to customer specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators while coordinating with the Quality Department.
• Inspect equipment, dies or materials to troubleshoot and identify the cause of errors, other problems or defects.
• Complete the necessary paperwork
• May operate a power press
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above.
• A high school education or equivalent with one (1) year minimum experience in die-setting or related technical field, preferably in a metal stamping environment.
• Read, interpret and comprehend safety, operating and maintenance documents and procedures.
• Ability to obtain/retain an Industrial Powered Lift Truck certification.
• Ability to obtain/retain an Overhead Crane certification.
• Ability to obtain/retain a Lock Out/Tag Out Authorization certification.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to ensure delivery requirements.
• Lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Meet or exceed the job requirements of the job.
• Identified candidates must be able to work overtime (daily, weekends and holidays).
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now