Job Type: Full-time/ Direct Hire
You must complete the following assessment in order to be considered for employment => http://www.ondemandassessment.com/verify/apply/AeRqAeS/hbwCnTna
Safely operate industrial trucks equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard or factory in an efficient manner to meet the customers’ (internal or external) delivery expectations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight or other production data on tags or labels.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles or auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing the liquefied-gas tank.
- Move controls to drive gasoline or electric-powered trucks, cars, or tractors and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
- Communicate with others to coordinate material handling or other movements.
- Operate cranes, hoist or other moving or lifting equipment, as deemed necessary.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above.
- A high school education or equivalent
- Forklift Operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift training program is required within the first 30 days of employment for both sit-down, as well as stand-up lifts.
- Prefer twelve (12) months warehousing and inventory experience.
- Prefer twelve (12) months experience operating a forklift and/or stand-up lift.
- Physical ability to mount/dismount forklift through the duration of the shift which requires bending, stretching, stepping, reaching, climbing and stooping, as well as standing, walking, crouching and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
- Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to use automated inventory control equipment.
- We are seeking qualified and enthusiastic candidates for both shifts.
- Identified candidates must be able to work the scheduled shift, as well as work overtime (daily, weekends and holidays) as business conditions dictate.
- Candidates will be required to pass appropriate pre-employment assessments, such as background check, drug testing and possess the necessary skill set to operate a forklift with minimal supervision and/or On-The-Job Training, however the necessary training will be provided to make sure the candidate will be a given the proper tools to become a successful forklift operator with a growing company.
Toledo Tool & Die offers a wide range of benefits, many of which become effective the first month after completing thirty (30) days of employment.
- Paid time-off – up to 40 hours during your first year of employment.
- Seven (7) Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Short/Long Term Disability
- Prescription safety glasses
- Regularly scheduled pay increases if you can perform the essential job functions with limited/no supervision, as we are seeking self-starters.
Toledo Tool & Die is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Once you have submitted your resume, please follow this link to take our assessment screening test. No resume will be given consideration without a corresponding assessment test.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.50 /hourApply Now