MAINTENANCE TECH- 2ND & 3RD SHIFT – $27 hourly
- Responsible for performing diversified simple-to- complex duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of TTD’s business goals and objectives.
Summary of essential job functions
- Perform simple-to-complex duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s’ equipment.
- Provide assistance for emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform electrical duties including, but not limited to PLCs, reading and interpreting electrical drawings and schematics; Working with 120v, 220v, 480v, and 13.8k volt circuits; Installing/repairing and trouble-shooting starters, relays, switches, proximity circuits, variable frequency drives (VFD), contactors and input/output circuits.
- Perform mechanical tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform simple to complex fabrication projects which typically involving welding components together.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Perform aerial tasks using scissor lifts, baskets, and booms.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Experience reading and interpreting Blueprints, electrical schematics, and technical manuals.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and experience in Industrial Maintenance, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Journeyman Card or Associates degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance is a plus
- 5+ years of progressive industrial experience in the following; electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and industrial skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
· Meet or exceed the job requirements of the job.
· Must have valid drivers’ license and be insurable thru company insurance.
· Identified candidates must be able to work overtime (daily, weekends, and holidays).
· Willing and able to have a flexible work schedule to meet company needs based on machine downtime, installation projects, etc…
Toledo Tool & Die Company Accountabilities
· Attendance & Payroll: We have a high expectation of our Team Members regarding their attendance; “To be at work every day, on time, as scheduled.” If TTD does not have regular attendance and the best effort of its workforce, it does not get its best results – because you are the most qualified person to do your assigned work.
· Safety: You are responsible to work safely and actively promote safety. This requires that all safety procedures are followed and that personal protective equipment (PPE) be used appropriately at all times. Any unsafe conditions must be reported at once to your immediate supervisor. Toledo Tool & Die places a high priority on safety, but a safe environment can only be achieved through the concern and action of each Team Member.
· Quality: Our reputation for high quality is vital. It has been earned by many years of painstaking care. We take pride in this tradition and in keeping it alive. We recognize our job security depends on customer satisfaction. To achieve the level of customer satisfaction we desire, each Team Member is expected to exceed the customers’ (external and internal) increasing expectations. Quality is essential to keeping customers satisfied. You can do much on your job to uphold our quality standards and ensure our future by following procedures and paying attention to detail. It is the responsibility of each Team Member to strive to provide high-quality products and services to our customers.
· Productivity: Each Team Member is expected to do their best every day by completing their assignments in a timely manner. Doing so will not only help ensure the success of Toledo Tool & Die but will provide you and your fellow Team Members, a higher level of job security, and a more positive and productive work environment.
· Commitment: Team Members are to accept accountability for their own actions and commit to helping Toledo Tool & Die to accomplish its business objectives. Accepting personal accountability for assignments, meeting job requirements and respectful behavior is essential to maintaining a positive work environment, meeting our customers’ needs, and building a successful organization.
· Good Housekeeping: A clean place is a better place, safer and more pleasant place in which to work. You are expected to maintain a Five-S Environment (Scrap, Sort, Scrub, Standardize & Systemize). In addition, Team Members are expected to keep the aisles and exits clear; keep the washrooms and eating areas neat, and to throw trash in the containers provided. In short… be a good housekeeper.
· Teamwork: Teamwork is often displayed in little acts of cooperation between individuals and groups. Efficient business functions depend on Team Members working together to achieve our common goals. Only through the cooperation and teamwork of everyone can we achieve the level of customer satisfaction necessary to be a successful organization.
· Change & Innovation: We believe “The Team Member doing the job knows the job best.” Believing such, we expect each Team Member to commit to the continuous improvement of our products and services, work environment, and one’s self. This means more than making suggestions, Team Members are encouraged to be part of the problem-solving process at TTD and take responsibility for making things better. Additionally, when new techniques, processes, and/or equipment are identified, Team Members are expected to support implementation to help make them successful.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 per hour
About Toledo Tool & Die Company:
Toledo Tool and Die began in a small garage 1940, today, our products span the globe. Our roots, our vision, and our spirit motivates us to push forward as a thinking company and innovate with our customers in a global partnership. Move forward with us, come join the team.
Located close to the Michigan/Ohio State line, Toledo Tool and Die has diligently served the people of both of those great states since 1940. It was a company founded on one simple principle: to do the finest work possible for our clients and to deliver on every promise we make. More than 80 years later we continue to live by that principle. Every day, it keeps us striving to improve our productivity, maintain or even enhance the quality of our output, and become more efficient. Whenever we work, we do so with the benefit of our clients in mind, and we don’t consider a project complete unless they are fully satisfied with the end result.