Toledo Tool and Die is the premier global supplier of choice in stamped metal manufacturing and precision engineering. Located close to the Michigan/Ohio state line, Toledo Tool and Die has diligently served the people of both of those great states since 1940. We are a company founded on one simple principle: to do the finest work possible for our clients and to deliver on every promise we make.
Since we strive to perform every task our clients might require from a tool and die company, we figured we’d need a lot of space. That’s why Toledo Tool and Die is housed in a 105,000 square foot facility. We do everything from tool designing and in-house builds to a high-volume mass production of stamping assemblies and other machines. Though we do specialize in metal stamping, we have the resources and the skill to perform a wide range of tasks.
DIRECT HIRE! The starting rate of pay is $15.00 per hour
Summary of essential job functions
- Start and/or operate presses and/welder, monitor their operations and record operational data
- Match and compare production parts with approved 1st piece for visual part defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Complete simple to intermediate mechanical tasks associated with die set-up, breakdown, coil changes. (i.e. turning a wrench, secure coil arms, clean up oil or pushing a broom)
- Package metal stampings in the proper container and label according to customer requirements
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating large industrial equipment is preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) months of continuous employment and/or solid job history.
- Identified candidates must be able to report to work every day, on time, as scheduled, which may include overtime (daily, weekends and holidays).
- Reliable transportation to & from work.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull objects that are up to 50 pounds.
Toledo Tool & Die offers a wide range of benefits that become effective after completing one (1) full calendar month of employment.
- Paid time-off – up to 40 hours during your first year of employment.
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Short/Long Term Disability
- Prescription safety glasses
- Regularly scheduled pay increases if you can perform the essential job functions with limited/no supervision.
Toledo Tool & Die is an equal opportunity employer and we are a Drug-Free Workplace. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)