Direct Report(s): Production Supervisor(s) along with Production, Maintenance, Quality & Materials Team Members
Reports to: Director of Operations
Plan, organize and control the activities related to the press stamping operations and the associated products and services in accordance with safety, quality, throughput expectations, and employee relations. Mentoring/team building are key characteristics for this position.
Summary of essential job functions
- Oversee safety, quality, throughput, and overall effectiveness of the press teams on a daily basis.
- Review production schedules daily with the Scheduling & Inventory Control Manager and Purchasing Manager to make decisions concerning staffing requirements, press schedules, overtime, job prioritization, expected run amounts, and changeover timing.
- Ensure all press production activities are being completed as efficiently as possible. This includes running presses through breaks/lunches as necessary, and re-assigning production associates as customer demands require.
- Maintain production tracking systems that analyze the production, part quality, and equipment issues to detect production problems such as repeated poor quality, machine inefficiency, training deficiencies, maintenance needs, and cost/waste reductions.
- Weekly throughput reporting and associated issues / corrective actions.
- Working directly with the Maintenance manager to establish/optimize preventive maintenance and repair schedule.
- Facilitate the team concept between shifts; production supervisors, die setters, and production associates.
- Establishing metrics for and the continued training / mentoring of press production supervisors.
- Ensure established procedures are being followed by the entire press team, including press production associates.
- Working with Tool Room manager in identifying problem dies and associated repairs/improvements.
- Identify training needs for the press team.
- Authority to stop production if unsafe conditions or poor quality exist.
- Other tasks as directed by the TTD Leadership
- A Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent experience in the stamping field.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment is required. Preferably with a metal stampings background in an OEM or Tier I/II supplier in the automotive environment with progressive and transfer presses.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costing and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Toledo Tool & Die Company Accountabilities
- We have a high expectation of our Team Members regarding their attendance; “To be at work every day, on time, as scheduled.” If TTD does not have regular attendance and the best effort of its workforce, it does not get its best results – because you are the most qualified person to do your assigned work.
- You are responsible to work safely and actively promote safety. This requires that all safety procedures are followed and that personal protective equipment (PPE) be used appropriately at all times. Any unsafe conditions must be reported at once to your immediate supervisor. Toledo Tool & Die places a high priority on safety, but a safe environment can only be achieved through the concern and action of each Team Member.
- Our reputation for high quality is vital. It has been earned by many years of painstaking care. We take pride in this tradition and in keeping it alive. We recognize our job security depends on customer satisfaction. To achieve the level of customer satisfaction we desire, each Team Member is expected to exceed the customers’ (internal and external) increasing expectations. Quality is essential to keeping customers satisfied. You can do much on your job to uphold our quality standards and ensure our future by following procedures and paying attention to detail. It is the responsibility of each Team Member to strive to provide high-quality products and services to our customers.
- Each Team Member is expected to do their best every day by completing their assignments in a timely manner. Doing so will not only help ensure the success of Toledo Tool & Die but will provide you and your fellow Team Members, a higher level of job security and a more positive and productive work environment.
- Team Members are to accept accountability for their own actions and commit to helping Toledo Tool & Die to accomplish its business objectives. Accepting personal accountability for assignments, meeting job requirements and respectful behavior is essential to maintaining a positive work environment, meeting our customers’ needs and building a successful organization.
- A clean place is a better place, a safer and more pleasant place in which to work. You are expected to maintain a Five-S Environment (Scrap, Sort, Scrub, Standardize & Systemize). In addition, Team Members are expected to keep the aisles and exits clear; keep the washrooms and eating areas neat, and throw trash in the containers provided. In short… be a good housekeeper.
- Teamwork is often displayed in little acts of cooperation between individuals and groups. Efficient business functions depend on Team Members working together to achieve our common goals. Only through the cooperation and teamwork of everyone can we achieve the level of customer satisfaction necessary to be a successful organization.
- We believe “The Team Member doing the job knows the job best.” Believing such, we expect each Team Member to commit to the continuous improvement of our products and services, work environment and one’s self. This means more than making suggestions, Team Members are encouraged to be part of the problem-solving process at TTD and take responsibility for making things better. Additionally, when new techniques, processes and/or equipment are identified, Team Members are expected to support implementation to help make them successful.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Apply Now