Directly supervises and coordinates the safe and efficient operations of the press and/or weld department(s), up to and including operators, inspectors, maintenance technicians and die setters.
Summary of essential job functions
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve safety, production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, die setters, and operators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other TTD Leadership
- Stop production if unsafe parts, actions or poor quality conditions exist
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually is preferred.
- Experience with high volume resistance welding in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with robotic welding in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull objects that are up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.Apply Now