Responsible for the life of a program with regards to budget, planning, scheduling, customer satisfaction and direction of the assigned resources from program kick-off through successful launch. This position is the main interface between the customer and Toledo Tool & Die and plays a major role in problem identification and resolution during the program by highlighting potential areas of concern and promptly driving resolution of issues that affect program execution.
Summary of essential job functions
· Develop strong relationships and manage the ongoing negotiations with the customer as the official Toledo Tool & Die Representative.
· Coordinate with appropriate TTD Leadership to define the program investment scheme and release investments in compliance with controlling procedures, take economic responsibilities for all deviations from the initial requirements.
· Champion regular cross functional Product Launch Team meetings to review the program schedule and assign resources to address any open issues. Ensure that adequate resources are assigned to all project tasks. Elevate deficiencies to the TTD Leadership.
· Assure the timely completion of Engineering trials, production pilots and PPAP runs with manufacturing and engineering.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of quality documentation including Process Flow diagrams, PFMEAs, Control Plans, APQP checklist and Work Instructions.
· Ensure the plant team’s participation in the development and understanding of the production process so they may successfully maintain the process after launch.
· Travel within the United States or internationally to represent TTD in connection with program objectives, such as customer and/or supplier visits. These could be overnight or extended stay trips.
· Entering all part data in PLEX.
· Other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other TTD Leadership.
· Stop production if unsafe parts, actions or poor quality conditions exist
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering recommended or equivalent or five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated and measured experience working with an Automotive OEM
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
· Willingness to work extended hours, daily and/or weekends in order to meet company and customer objectives.
· Working knowledge of Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
· Ability to travel abroad without restrictions
· Identifies complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Organize and successfully manage large amounts of information and being able to readily obtain and discuss with appropriate customer interface.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,223.00 – $94,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance