- Toledo Tool and Die Company is seeking an Engineering Program Manager for its Toledo, Ohio facility. Main duties include:
Serve as Toledo Tool and Die’s official sales and support representative to Chinese customer. Plan and formulate engineering programs and organizes project staff according to project requirements. Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing. Review and approve the structural design of products using drafting engineering experience tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software. Coordinate with appropriate TTD Leadership to define the program investment scheme and release investments in compliance with controlling procedures. Ensure the plant teams participation in the development and understanding of the production process so they may successfully maintain the process after launch. Assist in the development and maintenance of quality documentation including Process Flow diagrams, PFMEAs, DFMEAs, Control Plans, APQP checklist and Work Instructions. Assure the timely completion of Engineering trials, production pilots and PPAP runs with manufacturing and engineering. Travel within the United States or internationally, sometime for extended stays in China and other countries to represent TTD in connection with program objectives, such as customer and/or supplier visits.
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience which must include demonstrated experience with an Automotive OEM. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources. Demonstrated knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must have the ability to travel abroad without restrictions 4-5 times per year.
- Must be able to speak Chinese.