Toledo Tool and Die is the premier global supplier of choice in stamped metal manufacturing and precision engineering. Located close to the Michigan/Ohio state line, Toledo Tool and Die has diligently served the people of both of those great states since 1940. We are a company founded on one simple principle: to do the finest work possible for our clients and to deliver on every promise we make.
Since we strive to perform every task our clients might require from a tool and die company, we figured we’d need a lot of space. That’s why Toledo Tool and Die is housed in a 105,000 square foot facility. We do everything from tool designing and in-house builds to high-volume mass production of stamping assemblies and other machines. Though we do specialize in metal stamping, we have the resources and the skill to perform a wide range of tasks.
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls, glass and machinery, and removing rubbish. Duties may include changing filters, performing simple routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
- Service, clean, or supply restrooms.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines,
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, or parking areas, using snowplows, snowblowers, or snow shovels, or spread snow melting chemicals.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above
- A high school education or GED.
- At least one (1) year experience in performing a janitorial task in a manufacturing environment
- Identified candidates must be able to work overtime (daily, weekends, and holidays).
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Floor buffer
- Floor scrubber
This Job Is:
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift