Reports to: CEO/President, VP – Sales & Engineering
Responsible for successfully selling TTD services in the North American Territory. Duties include identifying and properly qualifying business opportunities; presenting to executive levels of organizations and preparing formal proposals; and leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision-making processes and overcoming objections to closure. Individual needs to maintain a strong knowledge of the metal stamping/Tool & Die business and provide accurate sales forecast and reports to Management in a timely and consistent manner.
Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contributions to our company’s rapid and sustainable growth.
Summary of essential job functions
- Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by determining market strategies & goals; Research and develop a list of potential customers; Conduct market research to determine customer needs; Evaluate TTD marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs; Develop and follow-up on sales leads; Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the industry trends and technical developments; Establish and maintain industry contacts that lead to sales.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by developing sales & marketing proposals for customers on TTD technical products and services; Developing technical presentations for users; Make regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow-up on leads.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by researching, developing and maintaining long- & short-range sales and marketing plans; Produce regular reports and final plans for Management’s approval.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers by being open, honest and constructive; Taking responsibility to make every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
- A Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent
- At least eight (8) years of increasing work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in automotive sales, marketing and/or purchasing environment is needed for this occupation. Preferably with either an OEM or Tier-I/II supplier
- Strong presentation, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong PC skills, including experience with various Microsoft Application, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc…) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.