Toledo Tool & Die Company
Title: Tool & Die Maker
Department(s): Tool & Die
Reports to: Tool & Die Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $38.00 per hour
We start our die makers at $38.00 per hour!!! We also offer relocation assistance!!!
Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools
Summary of essential job functions
· Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
· Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
· Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
· Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
· File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
· Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
· Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
· Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
· Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
· Perform other assignments as directed by your immediate supervisor and/or TTD Leadership.
· Stop production if unsafe parts, actions or poor quality conditions exist
· High School diploma or equivalent though graduation from a technical school is preferred.
· Complete a certified Apprenticeship program whereby the employee can demonstrate experience using various tools, including but not limited to knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
· Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift/push/pull objects that are up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.Apply Now